Thanks to the inspiration of a Mrs. Kate Wille, I have decided to start an online "journal." This will be a good way for me to write down my thoughts and experiences and hopefully share some pictures of what I hope will be the most exciting time of my life. Why does anyone care? Well, odds are no one will... except for my family. So, family, this is for you!
You might be asking yourself, what on earth is making me start this now? I've been through the Air Force Academy, I've worked with nuclear weapons and now I'm just some unemployed nobody. I've decided to chase my dream of flying and have chosen a pretty fast-paced program. I hope I'll be able to take some time after each day of the 90 day fly-a-thon to give some thought into what I've done and how much I like it. In fact, just a few minutes ago, I reserved my spot for September 12th at ATP in St. Pete, Florida. From now on, I'll just refer to it as PIE. The program will take me from Private Pilot to CFI/CFII/MEI in 90 days. I'll start off by learning to fly the Piper Seminal, a twin-engine airplane, and then learning how to become an instrument pilot. After I complete that, I need to time-build to get my commercial rating. The program boasts of literally allowing students to fly cross-country. If I'll be in your area, I'll be sure to give you a heads up.
My aunt and uncle have kindly offered a room in their nice water-front paradise. My only hope is that I don't get distracted by beaches and bikinis. Well, not too distracted :)
Where I'll be flying
Where I'll be living
Good for you, glad you are excited!
ReplyDelete